|Water Test Kit (2-test pack)|
|Adrenal Function Urine Test|
|Sulkowitch Urine (Calcium) Test|
Number 80 on the "periodic table" of elements
Mercury or "quicksilver," is a shiny liquid metal that is a widespread environmental contaminant. The levels of
mercury in our bodies today are much higher because of its greater use in recent times. Mercury is employed daily
by medical and dental practices in thermometers, drugs and amalgam for fillings. It is also present in fungicides
and pesticides and in some cosmetics. Mercury from industrial waste has contaminated our fresh- and salt-waters
and to the plants and fish therein.
An average body contains about 10-15 mg. of mercury. This comes daily from our food, air, and water. Mercury is not
well absorbed through the intestinal tract, only about 5-10 percent. Inhaled mercury fumes go into the blood, since it
is soluble and passes through the lungs. Some mercury is retained in body tissues, mainly in the kidneys. The kidneys
store about 50 percent of the body mercury. The blood, bones, liver, spleen, brain, and fat tissue also hold mercury.
This potentially toxic metal does get into the brain and nerve tissue, so central nervous system symptoms may develop.
Mercury can also get into a growing fetus and into breast milk. Mercury is eliminated daily through the urine and feces.
Urine levels would show whether the body is actively working to eliminate it.
Mercury has the following effects (simplified) on the body:
- disruption of the nervous system:
- damage to brain functions - degradation of learning abilities, personality changes, tremors, vision changes, deafness, muscle
incoordination and memory loss ;
- DNA and chromosonal damage - chromosonal damage is known to cause mongolism;
- allergic reactions resulting in skin rashes, tiredness and headaches;
- disrupting reproductive functions such as sperm damage, birth defects and miscarriages
The average overall daily intake is between 30-50 mcg. Acceptable levels are between 0.02 - 0.03 ppm depending on what was analysed.
Readings above 0.05 ppm should be cause for concern. Mercury is a highly toxic heavy metal and concentration levels should
ideally be 0
Accuracy of the test
Reputable establishments such as schools and universities are using the mercury kit in their establishments. This attest to the accuracy and
acceptability of the kit. Listing of such establishments and articles where the kit was used follows:
- University of California, Santa Barbara, CA USA - used in various experiments to develop science cirriculum for state schools;
- Kent State University, OH USA - PhD. student used mercury kit in PhD thesis project - read his statement:
"Yes, I used them in my analyses of urine and fecal samples of wild primates. It took several weeks of tweaking my
experiment in a lab here in the U.S. but I finally figured a relatively reliable method (since Hg measurement in feces was a small problem).
In the end the kits worked great, granted sometimes the fecal measurements did not always show up. This is largely in part due to specific
digestive mechanisms of some species of primates. A couple of samples turned green, which I think indicate the presence of digestive enzymes."
View his paper
Check out the mercury in your body with our easy to use, home-based, HMT Mercury Test kit
Sample of a HMT Mercury Test kit with color strip for results analysis
Osumex HM-Chelat is most effective in eliminating heavy metals contamination in the body
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
Health Canada and the FDA (USA) have not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent